Thursday 6 March 2014

Recount Of A Memorable Moment

A Visit To The Land Of Daydream


“Huh? What?” I blinked against the sharp sunlight that streamed through the window. I observed the room around me, thinking about the things I saw. A desk, a wall, a painting, a teacher. Wait a second… a teacher? Indeedly looming over me, looking irritable, stood my teacher. Only seconds ago, I was with a rabbit. A white rabbit with a waistcoat. Hang on! Did I just say waistcoat? Let me explain what this madness is about.


My footsteps sounded hollow as I climbed to the stage. I stared at the sea of waiting faces in the audience. I clear my throat and set myself at ease. But before I could begin, I started to fall. At first, it was completely black. Not a slight glimpse of light to be seen. Then my eyes adapted to the darkness. It turned out, I was not alone. With a thump I landed on a big carpet of grass, next to a small rabbit in a waistcoat who named himself Mr Fickelgruber. Somewhere off in the distance stood a tree. It stood like an umbrella, sheltering the poor creatures that were soaked to the skin. Now I was getting quite wet too, so I wandered thoughtfully towards the trunk.


I decided to pass time waiting for the rain to stop by wandering around the massive tree. But I had barely walked halfway around, when I bumped into something. It was big and wooden, almost like a door. This was quite a funny thought because it was a door. A big brass one with a silver knob that was a mirror when you looked into it. I hesitated for a moment, then decided that it wouldn’t really matter seeing that I had already fallen into the middle of nowhere, found a door just standing there, and met a rabbit in a waistcoat, who, by the way, had gone through the door already. I grabbed hold of the doorknob and pushed through.


The room was dimly lit, perhaps a bit grim looking. Kilometers of bookshelves stretched out ahead of me. In the middle of the room, there was a desk with a small, flat device on it. I shuffled towards it slowly and stood there, staring at it. After a while, I gave in to my temptation and pressed the red button that I had been aching to push. The device and the room disappeared. All of a sudden I was in a familiar room. I wasn’t standing anymore, I’m in more of a crouching position. “Huh? What?” Then this whole thing snapped into place.

I must have had nodded off to some sort of daydream while I was working, because there wasn’t any trace of a rabbit in a waistcoat. All there stood was a very irritable looking teacher. My teacher! However, after the long, boring lecture of my teacher, this daydream was more than just a distant memory. It is now my special place, a place I can visit at any time, anywhere when I want to. It was the place of my dreams, my inspiration. It’s my Land Of The Daydream.                                        By Milou

4 comments:

  1. Sandra Lodewijks7 March 2014 at 17:02

    Wow Milou!
    I'm impressed by your Wowy way of writting...
    Keep on impressing me, girl!!!
    Sandra (Milou's mum).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cool story keep it up(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Epic story Milou!
    (>-_-)> <(-_-<)

    ReplyDelete