Thursday 5 February 2015

Where I'm From Poem

In room 15 we have written a poem that symbolizes where we are from. It is based around a famous poem by George Elle Lyons called Where I'm From.

Where I’m From


I am from differences
no mind to think alike
from the streets embracing alleyways and passages
and the endless labyrinths

I am from a place that never sleeps
hearing the car horn lullaby every night
from pushing through crowds
the cigarette smoke creating wreaths in the sky

I am from cycling through the city
sometimes in a wake of sad relations
from the satisfying pattern of bicycle wheels
uprooting the gravel in the country

I am from our balcony
and the days I spent looking down
to the road far below
from the chance of snow in winter
my brother the wandering snowman

I am from encouragement and faith
my parents leaving no doubt
my home city with my home people
I am from reality



1 comment: